QINSy - Qloud Workflow for Bathymetry Processing
eThis workflow is superseded by QINSy - Qimera Clean workflow, please look here for more information:
This document describes the workflow when using QINSy Processing Manager and Qloud for bathymetric data processing.
For a seamless QINSy-Qloud workflow, you need the following:
QINSy version x.xx.xx.xx.x or newer
Qloud x.x.x or newer
A valid licence for QINSy with the Qloud add-on module enabled, or separate dongles for QINSy and Qloud.
Windows 32-bit or Windows 64-bit version
If applicable, tide and SVP may be applied at three different points in the process, although typically you would avoid replaying data (*.db files) if possible.
If applicable, SBET is applied prior to opening Qloud.
On exiting Qloud QPD files are updated with cleaned and filtered soundings ready for further processing and export to deliverables.
Opening QLOUD the first time
- Make a selection in the File Explorer, right click, click on Edit and select Qloud. The Generate Survey Files dialog is opened, where the systems and pre filter flags can be selected.
- Enter a valid name for the QTM (not empty, invalid characters or already made).
- Select the systems to be included in QTM.
- Select which of the flags from the Online filters are to be applied to the data during initial opening of Qloud.
Press OK. The QTM is now made and QLOUD opens. During this process and until Qloud is closed, the QPDs are marked as locked.
If no modifications are made to the QTM, the locks will disappear in the File Explorer.
Note that this QTM will only be used again when the exact same QPDs are selected. Otherwise a new QTM is created.
When changes are made in the QTM, the Synchronize changes to QPD dialog is shown after Qloud is closed.
Select OK to update the QPDs. After updating the QPDs, the QTM is removed or moved to the backup folder if that option has been enabled.
Clicking on Cancel will keep the QTM, so it can be used again in Qloud. Listed QPDs are not updated yet with the cleaning and filtering changes done in Qloud.
It is also possible to start the synchronization from the File Explorer; for instance if multiple QTMs need to be synchronized.
If there are any modified QTMs in the project, then small synchronize indicators are shown in the File Explorer.
Selecting one or more QPD files and right clicking shows the option to synchronize the changes.
Choose whether to back up the files or not.
Press OK to start the synchronization process.
A progress window is displayed for the duration of the synchronization:
The synchronization state is still available when the Processing Manager is restarted.
More on starting Qloud / Validator / Etc.
Depending on the selection a previously generated QTM will be opened or removed.
- When all QPDs from an unmodified QTM are selected, this QTM is opened
- When one or more QPDs from a modified QTM are selected, all associated QPDs are locked and the QTM is opened
- When the selection does not exactly match with the QPDs from an unmodified QTM, then the previously generated QTM is removed and a new one is made
- When QPDs that are part of a QTM are modified in the other processing tools, then the QTM is removed
- When QPDs are selected that are part of a modified QTM, the other processing tools cannot be started
(Only available when logged in to the QPS website.)
Howto Qloud found in the QINSy Knowledge Base.
Movie - Qloud found in the QINSy Knowledge Base.
Qloud Help pages found in the Processing Manager Help pages.
Synchronize changes from Qloud to QPDs found in the Processing Manager Help pages.
SVPManager found in the QINSy Help pages.
SvpProcessor found in the QINSy Help pages.
Import Track File for SBET import found in the Processing Manager Help pages.