Support & Maintenance
Before installing a new release, please check with the HASP loader if you have a valid Support & Maintenance agreement in place.
When you install Qastor with a release date beyond the expiry date of your Support & Maintenance agreement, be aware of the following :
During installation of the new version, the previous Qastor version will be uninstalled automatically. When you then try to start the new version you will be notified that 'The Support and Maintenance period is expired'. You will then have to re-install a version released prior to the expiry date of the Support & Maintenance. When you don't have access to the Internet or do not have a backup of the previous version at hand, you might run into trouble.
When you do not have a valid Support & Maintenance agreement, the dongle can still be used with Qastor versions released prior to the expiry date of the Support & Maintenance.
Downloading and installing a new version of Qastor
- Make sure your Support & Maintenance agreement is valid for the version you would like to install (See Warning and Info boxes above)
- Click on 'download' of the version you would like to install and select 'Save'
- The download will be copied to the hard disk of your computer in a zipped format, usually to the Downloads folder
- Using your file explorer go to the Downloads folder, right-click on the zipped file and unzip it (this may take a while)
- Go to the unzipped folder and then press the file name with extension .msi
- The installation will now start, asking you where you would like to place Qastor on your computer