The Pico Multibeam Echosounder outputs both range-angle data from the bottom detection process and the full beam data.
Whereas the PicoMBES-120 supports water column data the driver does not.
- Each beam contains a quality flag. This can be used to block data with. Quality 0 is very low, Quality 3 is best. The quality can be used for data cleaning on Quality.
- Beam intensity is not available in the data and will be set to 0
Water column Data
While the PicoMBES-120 supports water column data the driver does not.
PicoMBES outputs both range-angle data from the bottom detection process and the full beam data, on different UDP/IP port numbers, so the user can choose to record one or the other or both.
- Commands and water column data is not supported by this driver
- The QINSy pc needs to be set a static IP : 10.0.100.70
|10.0.100.70:13000||10.0.100.120:9000||MBES angle/range data from sonar, commands to sonar||From Pico||Y|
|10.0.100.70:13001||10.0.100.120:9001||Raw beam data @50kHz||From Pico||N|
|Stimulation data to the sonar for BIT=pod mode||To Pico||N|
|10.0.100.70:13002||10.0.100.120:9002||Micro-Nav/Bathymetry PDUs||From Pico||N|
Setup requires that the driver is listening to a specific port:
- 13000 for angle and range data