The Pico Multibeam Echosounder outputs both range-angle data from the bottom detection process and the full beam data.
Whereas the PicoSonar supports water column data, the driver does not.
Supported systems (that QPS is aware of):
- Each beam contains a quality flag. This can be used to block data with. Quality 0 is very low, Quality 3 is best. The quality can be used for data cleaning on Quality.
- Beam intensity is not available in the data and will be set to 0.
Water column Data
While the PicoSonar supports water column data, the driver does not.
PicoMB outputs both range-angle data from the bottom detection process and the full beam data, on different UDP/IP port numbers, so the user can choose to record one or the other, or both.
- Commands and water column data are not supported by this driver
- The Qinsy pc needs to be set to a static IP : 10.0.100.70
|10.0.100.70:13000||10.0.100.120:9000||MBES angle/range data from sonar, commands to sonar||From Pico||Y|
|10.0.100.70:13001||10.0.100.120:9001||Raw beam data @50kHz||From Pico||N|
|Stimulation data to the sonar for BIT=pod mode||To Pico||N|
|10.0.100.70:13002||10.0.100.120:9002||Micro-Nav/Bathymetry PDUs||From Pico||N|
Setup requires that the driver is listening to a specific port:
- 13000 for angle and range data