Qimera 1.6.3 Release
Highlights on this page
Thanks for your feedback
Plus 7 additional Suggestions and/or Feedback implemented
23 May 2018, We're pleased to present Qimera 1.6.3
We have made numerous improvements to the Slice Editor in this release based on client feedback. We've addressed the #1 voted item in the Feedback Project: better control over vertical exaggeration in the Slice Editor.
- Vertical exaggeration can now be controlled by the user directly. There is a numeric field that shows the current exaggeration, and it can be edited manually to set a particular exaggeration. Typical use cases are to fix the vertical exaggeration, this is now achieved by first disabling Auto Zoom from the Slice Editor context menu and then setting the vertical exaggeration to the desired amount.
- The Control key modifier can now be used with the scroll wheel to zoom in the vertical direction only. This is shared now across all plot widgets beyond the Slice Editor, like the Swath Editor, the Water Column Viewer, the Patch Test Tool, etc. In the Slice Editor, this is particularly useful to set the desired vertical exaggeration or to quickly zoom out to see outliers when working in a fixed vertical exaggeration mode.
- We've removed the default hotkeys for the various spatial selection modes. These keys were causing confusion. Users can still set their own hotkeys to choose particular spatial selection modes if they like.
- We've changed the default color table used when coloring points by survey line to give a better color spread between lines.
- When coloring points by survey line, the lines now have a color marker associated with them in the Project Sources widget. This helps in identifying which files are loaded and which files you are editing.
- You can now choose to not have points automatically loaded by default in the Slice Editor by disabling a new Auto Load Points option in the Slice Editor context menu. When this mode is disabled, the user must manually load the points by hitting either the Enter or Return key. This allows for a speedier experience when drawing and adjusting selection rectangles in the Scene.
- The middle-click mouse button pan performance has been improved to be faster by roughly a factor of 3. There is now also a preference to turn this off.
- When in Edit Only Selected mode, there is now a context menu preference to toggle the visibility of unselected lines.
- The Escape key can now be used to abandon an edit entirely in the middle of a drag operation for rectangle select and lasso select. For polygon select, the Escape key works as it did before by removing the last clicked point in the polygon.
- Qimera Live works with QINSy QPD files now, this allows Qimera Clean users to take advantage of live data review and cleaning. QINSy can auto-transfer your QPDs to a remote directory at the end of the line, Qimera Live can now be configured to import these into a Qimera Project so that you can start data editing right away. Of particular note, this allows you to run CUBE in real-time by creating a CUBE Dynamic Surface in Qimera.
- For raw sonar files, you can now apply blocking parameters during import to do things like block soundings by angle, depth range, etc. For QINSy users, this will over-ride Blocking settings that are configured online, but only if enabled in the Qimera Live setup dialog.
- Qimera now supports import of Seapath binary delayed heave format (.srh).
- MB-System file format MB56 (Kongsberg EM300, EM1002, EM3000) is now supported, but only via direct conversion to QPD.
- Ctrl + Mouse wheel vertical zoom capability brought to all plots.
- There is now an option to apply refraction corrections to flagged soundings.
- A warning will now appear when DBs with different or edited systems are brought into the same project.
- The Qimera release version will now be displayed on the main window title bar.
- Time Series Editor: the red dot in the geographic window corresponding with the mouse location will now be shown even when in selection mode.
- Mac OS/X: There is now a way to go from Qimera directly to the crash dump folder.
- The 'X' button in the Manage Filter Profiles dialog has been replaced by a '-'.
- Footprint intensity is now supported when importing .LAS(Z) files.
- Imported HIPS data will now have the correct line names in Qimera.
- SD snapshots will now be saved to the project immediately after being created, rather than when project is closed.
- Dynamic Surfaces with periods in the name will no longer be truncated in the 'Append to Dynamic Surface' dialog.
- The application of cleaning filters was not working correctly when certain non-latin characters were in the project name. This has been fixed.
- Imported navigation that doesn't overlap vessel motion will not be used and the solution will fall back through the navigation and height priority lists.
- File track lines will now be generated from the MBES or Laser system with the longest time span.
- Navigation standard deviations will now be correctly extracted from DB files logged in QINSy 8.18 and later.
- Line highlighting in the Slice Editor for 'Edit Only Selected' mode will now work properly.
- Applying edits to large numbers of points in the Swath Editor will now work as intended.
- The Swath Editor keyboard shortcuts for advancing through a line will now work when the ping buffer is set to one ping.
- Blocking settings that are changed in the Swath Editor will now work correctly for normal and user soundings.
- Opening and closing the 3D Editor was found to sometimes change some components of the display coordinate reference system. This has been fixed.
- Static Surface Geotiff exports will now have transparency set for cells with null data values. Previously these were set to black.
List of Changes and Updates to the License Manager:
- None in this release