QINSy 8.18.3 Release
Highlights on this page
Thanks for your feedback
New documents have been added to the online QINSy Knowledge Base:
- How-to I/O Driver Editor - Creation and/or editing of generic drivers for ASCII input.
- How-to Load SVP from HydrOffice Sound Speed Manager - The Sound Speed Manager is software to bridge the gap from ocean sampling equipment to QINSy.
This document has been reviewed and divided over several sub-pages:
- How-to Eventing - Log specific events which occur during a recording session. For example the status of a pipeline or debris found on the seabed, or record when your dredging operation starts and ends.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Below is a list of the important issues that have been resolved and functionality that has been implemented in this release. This list is not exhaustive.
List of issues:
- Setup - Installation - Link to downloads section needs to be updated
- Console - Auto moving files - QGFDes(ign) is not moved to correct folder
- Console - IO Driver Editor - Positioning System - Strip letters from Height Field
- Console - License manager - License Manager is not starting from warning
- Console - Project Upgrader - Can be skipped before the actual finish
- Console - Project - File management - GeoTiff tfw files should move to Graphics folder
- Console - SNTP server - Application will not start
Drivers - Camera - BASLER - Crashes when first image captured (Fixed crash located in file name generation of the QGF file.)
Drivers - INS - iXBlue - STD BIN - Connection not restored.
- Drivers - INS - Sonardyne LNAV - Binary field 'Altitude' (height above seabed): decoded value was off by a factor 10. This has been corrected.
- Drivers - INS - Sonardyne LNAV & ROVINS Haliburton or Output drivers - Deskew always outputs in survey datum
- Drivers - INS - Halliburton SAS - Option to output position in user selectable datum - FQI-326Getting issue details... STATUS
- The QINSy Laser driver now supports the RIEGL VZ-400i, an ultra High Performance 3D Laser Scanner which is the successor of their successful VZ-400 terrestrial laser scanner.
This scanner in combination with QINSy can be used in profiler (2D) or in radar (3D) mode. Please see the drivers documentation for all the details.
- Drivers - MBES - Kongsberg - EM2040 C - EM Controller shows 'Special Amp Detect' twice
- Drivers - MBES - Kongsberg - Add support for KMALL format - FQI-479Getting issue details... STATUS
The driver released in 8.18.3 only supports a single head.
Dual Head support and Extra Detection improvements is being worked on.
- Drivers - Output - DP-Waypoints - Missing user defined system name in UI - FQI-410Getting issue details... STATUS
Drivers - Output - NMEA - Output messages changed with upgrade to 8.18.2
The disabled messages were caused by a new message type that was added: GST.
If you set it up in 8.18.2, it will not be a problem anymore in 8.18.3.
Note that the pop-up message will pop up once so as to make sure you read it and check the selected output messages.
Verified this in 8.18.3 - 300.
Drivers - Output - NMEA - Warning may pop up after upgrading from QINSy v8.18.1
- Online - Callibration - Position fix - Decimals in Calibration report (Now using project settings)
- Online - Computation - Tide - Auto tide selection based on KP line not working anymore due to *.PRO
When starting the Controller, we check if the mainline is a *.pro file and try to look for the *.QGF line file. If found, that is used instead, or else we will inform the user that they need to add the line manually.
- Online - Computation - RTK Tide - Causes problems with SVP comparison.
- Online - Computation - RTK Tide - Cannot be selected until OK is pressed first.
- Online - Echosounder settings - SVP - Connect to Logger - All have the same date and time
- Online - Echosounder Settings - SVP - Connect to Logger - Valeport Swift - Use Pressure during import Bin format
Import file and select the binary format:
Make sure that 'Recalculate depth from pressure' is ticked. Click the 'Import' button.
This message box shows up, if the profile contains temperature, pressure and velocity.
If the profile does not contain valid temperature, pressure and velocity the message box says it will use the default values for salinity, as it did before.
A profile is imported.
Note: the calculated depth is not exactly the same as the matching vpd file has. The initial calculated depth is exactly the same, but we apply a GPA (Geo Potential height Anomaly) correction to the depth. Valeport does not do this in their DataLog software
This GPA correction causes a 6 cm offset at a depth of 18 meters in this particular profile.
A formula to calculate salinity has been added to the Import Sound Velocity Profile dialog in the Controller Echosounder Settings form. If a profile contains valid temperature, pressure and speed of sound the algorithm calculates salinity which is used to recalculate depth.
This new formula is only used when the option 'Recalculate depth from pressure' is ticked.
- Online - Echosounder Settings - SVP - Negative temperatures warning
- Online - Echosounder Settings - SVP - Recalculate depth should take Salinity into account
- Online - Echosounder Settings - SVP - Valeport - Format error when importing empty binary SVP file
- Online - Session Setup - Fixing - FIX number resets after recording is paused
- Displays - Echosounder - Depth and WCD / echo trace does not fit for EA440
- Displays - Echosounder
View Properties: You will now have the option to show the single-beam depth value as:
- the raw depth (as reported by the unit and decoded by the driver)
- the depth below transducer (corrected for draft settings from Db Setup)
- the water depth (on chart datum)
Further, if watercolumn data is available it will also be corrected for the selected option.
In the above example you can see three Echosounder Displays: showing the same data but with different values and vertical scales. The information in the status bar indicates which option has been selected.
Displays - Navigation - CAD - Background - Updated faster in older versions
- Displays - Navigation - CAD - Line Planning - Points - Circles stay visible when not active
- Displays - Navigation - Layer overview - Reset to default layer order crashes the display
- Displays - Navigation - Objects - Nodes - Overscale symbol not displayed unless vessel shape is configured in setup
Displays - Navigation - Toolbars - Lost buttons after minimizing with custom made toolbars
Displays - Navigation - Quick profile shows fake data
- Displays - Navigation - Quick profile interaction bug - Profile and Nav display do interact when the other (than only bathy) layers (Bathy + Intensity layers) are enabled
- Displays - Profile - CAD - Line Planning - Displays line file at the wrong depth
- Displays - Profile - Object Shape - After shift in DbSetup object is not drawn anymore
- Displays - Profile - Terrain - Adding a design (QGFDes) results in crashing of display
- Displays - Raw Multibeam - WASSP S3 - Bathymetry decoded but not shown (Positioning system was not interfaced, resulting in no computation trigger)
Offline / Replay
- Offline - Export - Generic - QPD - Pipe Tracker - Can not export detected pipe ping based
Improved the export of QPD on Ping base/MP interval:
The given MP interval should be a positive number, regardless of whether the survey was done with increasing or decreasing MP values. This is now detected automatically by the export process.
- Offline - Export - SEG-Y - Innomar - Incredibly slow
- Offline - Import - ASCII - KOAC WMD format not available anymore
- Offline - WCD Inspector - Make button available with QINSy Singlebeam - FQI-425Getting issue details... STATUS
- Replay - Computation - 1st and 2nd replay compute different results
- PM.NET - Crashes when resetting to factory defaults
- PM.NET - CAD - Annotation - Crash when selecting edit annotation
- PM.NET - CAD - Area - Unable to select a boundary
- PM.NET - CAD - Line Planning - Changing color of circle makes it disappear
- PM.NET - CAD - Line Planning - Crash when selecting lines
- PM.NET - CAD - Line Planning - Edit Objects - When a section is added to a polyline, it is not displayed instantly
- PM.NET - CAD - Line Planning - Export - Wrong default folder location by wizard (now Project export folder)
- PM.NET - CAD - Line Planning - Extract from file - not possible to Design
- PM.NET - CAD - Line Planning - Import - Add extensions to 'Import of Planned Line Files' - FQI-427Getting issue details... STATUS
- PM.NET - CAD - Line Planning - Import - PRO-files as Line Data
- PM.NET - CAD - VOM - Import points directly or into an empty file doesn't update in plan view
- PM.NET - File Management - Explorer - Not all items translated to German
- PM.NET - File Management - CAD - Lines stay visible even though they are switched off
- PM.NET - Plan View - Raster - GeoTiff - Image sometimes not not visible
- PM.NET - Plan View - Settings - Text not consistent in upper- and lower case
- PM.NET - Plan View - Settings - Geographic grid - Always formatted as dd;mm;ss.sss
- PM.NET - Profile - Changing plan view layer settings is creating multiple profiles
- PM.NET - Profile - Export - Gaps in profiles due to hard to find link settings
We added the Link settings to the Profile View Settings
- PM.NET - Plotting - Left Fixed Scale not remembered
- PM.NET - Plotting - Profiles - Error message when start and end distance (KP) along the line (route) are changed
- PM.NET - QPD - Export - ASCII - Selected XML is not used to retrieve settings
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Contours and Soundings - Cancelling results in crash
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Contours and Soundings - Use the layer selected in Project Explorer - FQI-416Getting issue details... STATUS
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Difference - Using Design as reference layer results in crash
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Export - Crash after changing scale factor in user defined export format
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Export - Geotiff - Exporting 95% Confidence Level is not working
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Grid Edge - Functionality is not available for new created grids
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Import - Geoid - Cancel button doesn't work
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Import - Hangs on import of large ASCII files
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Import - Scale factor set to 0 by default (now set to 1)
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Interpolation - Write method should not be available
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Layer Properties - Colors should by default show custom colors
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - New - Geographical - Origin Mode always manual - FQI-463Getting issue details... STATUS
Automatic mode was not working properly for creating Geoid Model grids, therefore the user needed to define the origin manually to prevent horizontal shifts.
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Operators - Adding Design model still referring to .qgf (now *.qgfdes)
- PM.NET - Sounding Grid - Volumes - Crashes when reference is Design and fields are empty (now a warning is given)
- PM.NET - Startup - Will not open project session due to missing Common Project (now a warning is given)
- PM.NET - Tide - Tide definition file path not shown
- PM.NET - Wrong path in warning when missing geoid
For this release the following issues have been reported:
|Licensing||If you start a QPS application (QINSy, Qimera or Fledermaus) with a HASP dongle and you also have a softlock license for the same application on the same computer, our applications will always authenticate against the HASP. If you then pull out the HASP dongle, the usual warning will appear and the application will shut down unless the HASP dongle is reinserted in time to prevent this. This is the exact same behavior a user would have encountered prior to introduction of our softlock licensing system in that if you pull out a HASP and do not re-insert, then the application will close. The limitation is that the current licensing system does NOT check for a softlock license after the HASP is removed, this is an improvement that we will consider in the future.||
Do not start the application with a HASP if you expect to need to pull out the HASP dongle.
Do not pull out the HASP dongle.
Processing Manager/Navigation Display
Memory problem with CAD files which contain many complex Blocks.
Explode CAD file in your CAD package.
Issue with different usage levels of ENC's of Rijkswaterstaat of the Netherlands. It is not possible to view the Zeeland ENC and Nederland ENC at the same time.
Zeeland ENC does show up with usage level: Use 'Compilation' scale
Nederland ENC does show up with usage level: Use 'Custom and Standard'
|Processing Manager/Navigation Display||
The change in color maps may cause grids to look different from before.
|Make sure to set the path to the Color Maps folder in the latest release. Setting the path correctly in the Console's Global Settings, will set it right for use throughout QINSy.
When loading projects created by older versions of QINSy in the PM.NET, you may sometimes need to re-select the color map to make it effective.
|Navigation Display||Background file that was created by converting this from a design will not show lines when the start and end points of those lines are outside the view.||Do not convert design files to background files. Note that this option is now disabled in this version.|
|Drivers - MBES - EMController||
|Drivers - Laser - SICK LMS511||Communication problems between QINSy and the SICK LMS5xx laser device: no incoming laser data will be decoded||
There are several solutions:
Issue will be solved in next QINSy release