Caris 11 License
FMGT supports both HIPS 9 and 11 licensing, while Fledermaus 7 only supports HIPS 9 licensing.
If you are using Fledermaus 7, use the following steps to set up Caris licensing.
In the past you only needed to have a caris dongle in your computer for Fledermaus to work with the HDCS data. Now there is an option to point to the Caris licence.
- Under the File Menu Select the Preference Option
- Navigate to the Shared Preferences Tab and click Browse next to the Caris licence path
- Navigate to C:\\Program Files\Caris\HIPS\9.1\System Folder and select the LOC_KEY file.
- Click Open and then Apply.
If you are using FMGT, use the following steps to verify Caris licensing.
- Under the Project drop down menu select the Preferences option.
- Go to the Shared Preferences tab and use the HIPS Version dropdown menu to specify the HIPS version you are using.
If you are using a HIPS 9 dongle, ensure that it is connected and that all dongle drivers are up to date. If you are using a HIPS 9 license file, use the HIPS License Path field to specify the path to the file. By default, this file will be found in the C:\\Program Files\Caris\HIPS\9.1\System folder.
If you are using a HIPS 11 network license, you must specify the hostname of the license server in the HIPS License Host field. If you are using a HIPS 11 local license, you must enter "no-net" in the HIPS License Host field.
Use the Test HIPS Licensing button to verify your HIPS licensing settings.