SD stands for Scientific Data class. Any object that is prepared for loading into Fledermaus is given the extension *.sd. The following SD classes are supported by Fledermaus:
- Digital terrain model (DTM) Sonar DTMs and Surfaces.
- 3D geometric - points , lines, polygons, grids and solid models.
- Imagery - geo-referenced images, vertical images and curtains.
- Simple - grid, plane, cube, label and quadratic.
- Geo-spatial QC - PFM.
- Vessel - real time vessel or ROV monitoring.
- Volume - Object for interacting with and rendering volume objects.
The SD object file format is the standard file format in the Fledermaus family, there are no longer DTM, geo and shade files. All objects are automatically created as SD Objects without the need to shade and render as with earlier versions of Fledermaus.
Selection of an SD Object file in the SD Files window (by ticking the tick box) will see it displayed in the Display Region. At the same time the Object Attribute Window will be populated with a number of tabbed information fields and options which the user can use to manipulate the data.
Depending on what type of SD file is selected, up to 6 tabbed options will appear in the Object Attribute Window. For more information on the Object Attribute Windows available for each SD file type please refer to the Knowledge Base articles.
These are the tabbed Object Attribute Windows available for a DTM SD file type:
Object Attributes - DTM
Object Attributes - Color Map
Object Attributes - Shading
Object Attributes - Bounds
Object Attributes - Geo-referencing
Object Attributes - Info