31 August 2020
We are pleased to present Qimera 2.2.5
In the 2.2.5 release, we're pleased to make the Mac and Linux versions of Qimera available. All the features that were released in the 2.2.0 version are now available to Mac and Linux users. The last Mac and Linux release was version 2.1.1, released in February, 2020. All further maintenance releases associated with v2.2.X will now include Mac and Linux.
- Processing / Source Files
- Renishaw Dynascan laser processing now correctly works with imperial units.
- Dual swath KMALL now supports WC picking.
- Fixed bug where combined MBE and laser data created step type artifacts in QPD and Dynamic Surfaces when the MBE was using a fixed sound velocity instead of an SVP for ray tracing.
- TVU/THU surfaces will now compute for Processed Points files for Dynamic Surfaces that were generated with both Raw Sonar Files and Processed Point Files. Previously, it was only including Raw Sonar Files when working with a Dynamic Surface with blended inputs.
- Dynamic Surfaces
- Fixed problem with removing lines from a Dynamic Surface when the line extents were selected using any of the spatial selection tools.
- Fixed bug where duplicating a Dynamic Surface that had depth clipping resulted in a surface without depth clipping.
- Fixed problem with reshading of Dynamic Surfaces that had a period in the file name.
The Dynamic Surface update bug that was addressed in v2.2.4 was increased in scope to also handle the same update problem when appending lines to a Dynamic Surface.
- Tools and Editors
- Fixed lag in point selection in 3D Slice editor.
- Added more descriptive start up prompt for Slice Editor, including the embedded 3D Slice to improve discoverability.
- Fixed crash in Swath Editor when dual head .db files are loaded in which only one of the heads contains water column data.
- Importing / Exporting
- LAS/LAZ export now honors rejected status flag for point format 6 and includes the rejected soundings by default. Previously if the user chose to include the rejected soundings with point format 6, they were included but were no longer marked as rejected in the resulting LAS/LAZ file.
- Tide tool now allows for POSMV .000 files with file extensions greater than *.099 to be imported.
- Floating point geotiff export metadata now has z-range of valid data, previously it had z-range of all data which included the rejected data.
- Fixed bug with Import Large ASCII files which resulted in false spike artifacts when breaking large ASCII files across multiple QPD files.
- Import of Hypack .vel sound velocity files now correctly reading the date/time. A stability fix was included in v2.2.3 to better handle malformed .vel files but this accidentally introduced a bug that then prevented parsing of date/time for normal .vel files.
- Fixed crash for updating a CUBE surface after running a Spline Filter.
- Fixed crash when launching 3D Editor.
- Clarified licensing messages when running Qimera without a license for cases of (a) Qinsy 9 is installed, and (b) Qinsy 9 is not installed.
- Improved handling of QPD file paths for project with multiple external sources of QPDs in which the main project's file path is changed (i.e. the project is moved elsewhere on the file system, or to another file system).
- Fixed bug that prevented moving of groups in the Project Sources dock.
The Feedback Project helps us to continue improving our software products. Vote on or implement feedback and participate in the process by tracking, watching and commenting on issues!
Please click on the Vote button to the right to go to the Qimera Feedback Project and implement or find the item you want to vote for.