Qimera - Filter Operation Toolbar
This toolbar is the primary interface for interacting with Qimera's powerful filter operations. This is done by constructing, managing and choosing filter profiles, while specifying how each should be run.
Filter profiles can be run in two different ways: directly from the toolbar or from within the slice editor.
Manage Filter Profiles
This button launches the Manage Filter Profiles dialog. This dialog allows you to create, delete, and edit custom filter profiles.
Filter Profile to be Run
This drop down specifies which filter profile is active. This selection is used when filtering via both the toolbar and the slice editor.
It displays several commonly used filter profiles, as well as any custom filter profiles you may have created.
Spline Filter Preset
Qimera includes 5 preset spline filter profiles, ranging from very weak to very strong. These work by first fitting a 3D spline to a local set of soundings, and then rejecting points that lie too far from that spline. The Very Weak Spline preset is very conservative and rejects only significant outliers. The Very Strong Spline preset is much more aggressive in removing soundings. For more information on the spline filters, see the description of Filter Using Surface Spline (Preset).
These are a handful of common operations that users may wish to execute on their soundings.
- Reject All Soundings: Rejects all soundings within the selected area, regardless of their properties. This is useful primarily for cropping unwanted areas out of a survey.
- Accept All Soundings: "Unrejects" all soundings within the selected area. This clears any filtering, undoes any manual rejection and potentially ignores blocking. This does not affect additional soundings.
- Reject Additional Soundings: Rejects all "additional soundings" within the selected area. Additional soundings are soundings that some echosounders report above and beyond the usual numbers provided by their bottom detection algorithms. For Kongsberg Maritime echosounders, these are called Extra Detection's. For Teledyne-Reson echosounders, these are called Multi-Detect.
- Accept Additional Soundings: Accepts all "additional soundings" within the selected area.
- Revert All Manual Edits: Clears the Manual Edit flag on all sounding within the selected area. This may cause manually accepted soundings to be rejected or manually rejected soundings to be accepted, depending on the state of other flags.
- Revert All Filtering: Clears the Filtered flag on all sounding within the selected area. This may cause soundings previously rejected by a Filter operation to be accepted, depending on the state of other flags.
Note that filters run from the Filter Toolbar will set the 'Filter' bit in the QPD when rejecting points. By doing so, we can differentiate these rejected soundings from soundings rejected via manual editing in the Swath, Slice and 3D Editors (these set the 'Manual Edit' flag). This allows you to apply and revert filters using the filter toolbar without being worried about losing any manual editing that may have been done.
These are the profiles which were created (or imported) via the Manage Filter Profiles dialog.
Files to be Filtered
This drop down controls the files on which the filter should be run. This selection is combined with the Area to be Filtered selection to provide many combinations. Options are:
- All Files: All files within the project are considered for filtering.
- Surface's Files: All files within the are considered for filtering. The active dynamic surface is the currently selected dynamic surface, or if no dynamic surface is selected, the only visible dynamic surface.
- Selected Files: Only the files currently selected in the Project Sources tree are considered for filtering.
This selection applies only when filtering via the toolbar and is disabled during point editing.
Run Filter Profile Buttons
There are three buttons that can be used to execute the active filter profile on the chosen files: inside selection, outside selection, and everywhere. All three will launch a background job. Once completed, the dynamic surfaces (if any) will automatically update.
These actions are disabled during point editing.
Run Filter Profile Inside Selection
Executes the active filter profile on the chosen files for soundings falling within the current spatial selection.
Run Filter Profile Outside Selection
Executes the active filter profile on the chosen files for soundings falling outside of the current spatial selection.
Run Filter Profile Everywhere
Executes the active filter profile on the chosen files for all soundings regardless of any selection.