Qimera Import ASCII Navigation Dialog
How to Start
- Import ASCII Navigation option of the Source->Import sub-menu in the Main Menu bar.
What it Does
Generic ASCII data can be imported into Qimera using the ASCII importer tool.
Measurements such as position, motion, heading, height, delayed heave, and depth can be imported with the dialog.
The dialog has several sections, these are explained below.
Input File Type
You'll need to first configure the ASCII fields via the Custom ASCII Configuration button which shows the Custom ASCII File Configuration dialog.
The combo boxes to the right of each data type allows you to specify the units of the incoming data. These will be used to correctly convert the data into the survey units used in the Qimera project.
To map the fields to the appropriate import type click Change Mappings and you will be shown a listing of all ASCII fields (see below). For each field that you wish to import click the dropdown in the Mapping column and select the appropriate type.
The Modifier column allows you to invert fields during import.
- X Value, Y Value - these fields are used for importing Longitude/Latitude or Easting/Northing position pairs, both field must be mapped to import, these data are managed on the Position, Motion, Heading tab in Processing Settings Dialog
- Roll, Pitch, Heave - these fields are used for importing vessel motion, these data are managed on the Position, Motion, Heading tab in Processing Settings Dialog, all three fields must be mapped to import
- Heading - heading or gyro measurements, these data are managed on the Position, Motion, Heading tab in Processing Settings Dialog
- Height - accurate heights, such as RTK, these data are managed on the Vertical Referencing tab in Processing Settings Dialog
- Delayed Heave - filtered heave signal, such as TrueHeave, these data are managed on the Vertical Referencing tab in Processing Settings Dialog
- Depth - depth measurements from sub-surface vehicles, these data are managed on the Depth tab in Processing Settings Dialog
Navigation data must be attached to a vessel. Simply select the vessel from the dropdown for which the navigation is being imported.
Position and Motion System Reference
All imported navigation data must be additionally attached to a new system. If you have not imported ASCII data previously in the project you will need to create new systems for import data types. Otherwise you can use previously configured systems. After systems are created they can be further modified in the Qimera Vessel Editor.
Creating a new System
To create a new system click thebutton next to the system drop down.
After after reviewing and accepting values in the New System dialog the new system should be shown in the dropdown. Check the data types that are to be extracted into the system.
Using an existing system
If you previously imported ASCII data the systems created during the import will be listed in the System drop down. Simply select the appropriate system and check the import data types.
When checked this option will make the imported systems take the highest priority in the Processing Settings Dialog.
Coordinate System of the Imported Data
Specify the datum of the data being imported. Navigation data will be converted to the project datum specified in the Project Properties Dialog.
Return to: Qimera Interface
Return to: Wizards and Dialogs