Setting up a new project
- When a new project is created in Qinsy 9, it is a little different from creating a project in QINSy 8.X.XX:
- The main difference is, that the Geodetics are now stored in the project itself, and not in the template anymore
- It is also not possible to modify the Geodetics in the template, the user needs to go to the Geodetic User Interface
- Go to 'Project' in the main menu and 'Select project'
- Select 'New Project'
- When 'New Project' is selected, the following window will pop up, where it is possible to set up the project:
- Give the project a name
- Define the Geodetics
- It is possible to either open the Geodetic User Interface:
- Or import an existing WKT string,
- Or select a Predefined Geodetic setup:
- If the Geodetics are defined, select 'Create', and Qinsy will ask if the user wants to create a new template.
- For a more detailed explanation of the options in the Geodetics section, please read this document: How-to Set up a Project and Geodetic Settings
Now that the geodetic settings have been entered, continue to : 2. Qinsy Database Setup
Return to: How-to Geodetic Upgrade Qinsy 8.18.3 to 9.3